Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cold Medicine, TSA, & the DMV



I just like this picture, it was taken the last time I was in Florida with my husband and two friends. We all left the kids at home and headed south for a week.


Have you ever noticed that society has really lost touch with reality?

This is the time of year when we all start coughing, sneezing, suffering from stuffy noses and sinuses. UGH!!! I know this is not a new thing but it really bothered me today. To get a decent decongestant a person has to take a plastic card to the pharmacy, show your ID and pay for it separately. Oh, I forgot that I had to sign some separate thing that verified something or other. Good God, are you kidding me?! There is always going to be SOMETHING junkies come up with to help with their drug making, with holding these items is not going to stop them from doing it.

It's like the so called security at the airports. Take me word for it, it will not be a suicide bomber that attacks the next plan or air port. It will be a normal, average person that just snaps from all the crap we have to go through just to get from point A to point B. Here is a REALLY good question that I would love to ask; this no more than 3 ounces of liquid put into a plastic baggies is saving us HOW?

Even getting a drivers license renewed in my state has turned into the biggest pain in the ass that there ever was. We need ........ a freaking birth certificate, not a copy mind you but one with the state seal. Oh my God! What the hell is THAT about? So, this means the health department is making a killing by charging each person $15 for one of these fine documents. We also have to have our proof of insurance and some kind of proof of residency such as a utility bill or payroll check. Is this not completely insane? I think the next time I go, I will take a urine sample and a vile of blood.

I just feel that we are putting so much time, effort and money into things that are so small and stupid and not looking at the things that actually might make a difference.

No comments: